Renunciation of Citizenship
The Application for renunciation of Guyanese citizenship should be accompanied by the following documents:
- Letter stating reason for surrendering Guyanese Nationality.
- Renunciation forms (completed in duplicate) and signed in the presence of, and by a Notary Public.
- Two Passport-size photographs.
- Copy of document of acceptance of new citizenship, or copy of letter outlining circumstances which require renunciation of Guyanese citizenship.
- Copy of applicant’s passport issued by new country of citizenship (if applicable).
- Guyana Passport.
- Certified copy of applicant’s Birth Certificate.
- Copy of current identification card.
- Contact information: Full address; telephone number – mobile and landline; and e-mail address.
The application, accompanied by the above mentioned documents should be submitted to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Citizenship
164 Waterloo Street,